Smart Card Standard ISO7816 part 4 section 1 scope
ISO 7816 Part 4: Interindustry Commands for Interchange
ISO 7816 part 4, section..1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 annex.. A B C D E F
For the latest version of ISO7816 part 4, please contact ISO in Switzerland.
ISO 7816-4, Section 1 – Scope
This part of ISO/IEC 7816 smart card standard specifies:
- the contents of messages, commands, and responses transmitted by the interface device to the card and conversely,
- the structure and content of the historical bytes sent by the card during the answer to reset,
- the structure of files and data, as seen at the interface when processing interindustry commands for interchange,
- access methods to files and data in the card,
- methods for secure messaging,
- access methods to the algorithms processed by the card. It does not describe these algorithms.
It does not cover the internal implentation within the card and/or the outside world.
It allows further standardization of additional interindustry commands and security architectures. For the latest version of this part, please contact ISO in Switzerland.